Bringing My Stories to Life
- Candlelight. I always light a candle. It sets my mood and takes me to that place where the characters show me their lives.
- Music. Listening to music deepens this connection I have with the characters. Now I’m in the zone.
- Outlining. If it’s a full story, I’m outlining everything I need to sit and write without interruption. Research included.
- Set a goal. Like, a chapter goal, a wordcount or sometimes I just want to finish a certain scene or two. Whichever the case I set those goals before getting started.
- Snacks! Lol. I drink water most of the time but a few snacks help keep my engine running. Writing is a mental drain. With all of the activities happening between the pages, a sista is tired, okay? No heavy meals though!
With a big imagination and a creative heart, Stephanie penned her first novel in 2012. She went on to write grin-inducing romance and has received multiple literary awards. As a prolific writer, Stephanie’s catalog continues to grow. Her books can be found on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Apple.
One on One With Stephanie Nicole Norris
A little while ago, I asked in my newsletter and my Facebook group if my reading family would listen to my podcast if I started one. I received an overwhelming response of yes! I also asked what topics I should cover. Let’s just say I’ve got enough topics to cover a year’s worth of episodes. Look out for One on One with Stephanie Nicole Norris — the podcast.
I’ll be talking about black romance, my books, advice for aspiring writers, interviewing authors, and you may get to hear from some of our Valentine men.
Be the first to find out and get VIP access to all things me, Stephanie! Text, Queendom to 888-714-3979 to subscribe.
All about Family
Okay so, yes. This is me, with my natural hair stuffed inside a helmet and my husband laughing while he’s holding on to a harness he’s just strapped me inside. We were at a couples retreat, and I was getting ready to climb that wall.
This was an activity he chose and not to be a spoiled sport I went along with it. Needless to say about one full minute into the climb and a bad reaction of shaking legs I went flying off the wall screaming. Lol. You’re laughing aren’t you?
Against All Odds
Pregnant. My doctor said I was pregnant. I couldn’t believe it at first because I was thirty-three years old and had yet to conceive. My husband and I were so excited, but I’d always been fearful about carrying to a full term in the back of my mind.
Fast-forward to twenty weeks and four days gestation. Halfway through my pregnancy and my water broke. After petitioning God for mercy and help, Noah was born at one pound three ounces. We had a rough road ahead of us.
But God… Suppose you know of anyone who could use some inspiration to get through an early birth.